I recently heard from my first husband after hearing nothing for 34 years.  It was a bad break up. He cheated many times and then ask for a divorce. I was only 18 and it absolutely crushed me and my dreams.
He contacted me to be a friend on Facebook  and I accepted . We wrote back and forth after exchanging emails and I told him I forgave him. While it is true that I did forgive him, I have come to realize that the past is always the past. We no longer know one another and apparently I never knew him. The only thing we have in common now is the past. It is a painful place and it can only take me back to where I have already been. It is buried and digging up stinking and rotting things only leaves an undesirable foul stench in my nostrils.  So I unfriended him after catching him in a lie.  I made a choice that was good for me. I usually do whatever I think will make the other person happy even if it makes me miserable. Today I stretched and grew a little.  I have miles to go, but I am moving.  According to the Mayans today was supposed to be the end of the world and while that did not happen it was the end of that association.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dog kisses

Why