AWAKE

AWAKE

A few weeks ago I traveled out of town. Just a three hour drive but long stretches of highway and sometimes being the only vehicle on the road. At times a vehicle would speed past me and shake me from my lull for a moment.  There is a phrase I heard recently called “highway hypnosis”.  Here is the Wikipedia definition: Highway hypnosis, also known as white line fever, is a mental state in which a person can drive a truck or other automobile great distances, responding to external events in the expected, safe and correct manner with no recollection of having consciously done so.
   I realize I have at times lived my life this way.  Just going through the motions, doing what is expected of me without any conscious awareness of what it is doing to me.  I can “drive” for hundreds of miles (weeks, months, years) mesmerized by the white lines. I’ve often said referring to certain routes, “I have traveled this route so many times I could drive it blindfolded”.  And so, I have driven blind in many things in my life until something jars me and gets my attention. Only then do I become present in the moment. I have missed so much by not living life fully awake. 
   Recently the Lord, in all his mercy. nudged me out of the lull I had fallen into. It is time to exit this highway and get to the nearest rest stop and find my rest in Him. It's time to get out of the vehicle and stretch my legs and move my body so i can respond in full consciousness of everything God has for me in this journey called life. 

I am AWAKE ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dog kisses

Why