New vs Old

I was just thinking about when you get something new, when does it become old. Does a new car still seem new after the new car smell is gone? Does having a newborn wear off after the 5th dirty diaper or the 50th ? How do you go from being I can't keep my hands off you in love to don't even think about breathing the same air as me? When will I or did I become old ? Remember being a new Christian, everything was exciting and expected. So believeable. I couldn't wait to tell people about Jesus and I couldn't get enough church. Even as I type this blog, it is getting old. The Bible is old, yet in it there is a fresh revelation, a refreshing of the Spirit. God says, "That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done. And there is nothing new under the sun." Ecc. 1:9 Lam. 3:22 says His mercies are new every morning" I'm so glad! Rev. 21:5, He proclaims, "Behold, I will make all things new". I am a new creation; old things have passed away; Behold all things have become new." 2 Corin. 5:17 Well, you get the point. Just some random thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses