permanent marker

Last night I put on my favorite old and tattered night gown and sat to watch T.V. As I sat there I thought about how ugly the gown was and how I should throw it out after all, I do have others. It is thin and gray from so many washings, the V part of the V-neck looks more like a U, the ties for the bow were long ago chewed off, yes by me! There on the belly are two one inch long black marks made from a permanent marker. That marker is amazing because those things never fade. I started thinking about how marker got on my night gown and remembered that I was wearing it one night and doing a projcet for kids church. I love teaching the children, they have made a permanent mark on me. It has never faded and although there are days that I look a little gray, tattered, washed out and torn , that mark does not go away. Like the gown each time I put it on, it is fresh and a perfect fit. Yesterday I felt a bit overwhelmed because I still had not put away the donations left over from the Christmas party and trust me there was a lot! (Now I know I could have ask for help, but I do have a problem with that and it is difficult because I don't want to be a burden to anyone. This is in my head and I realize it, but for now it is there) Antoine and Antonio were with me and I ask if they would help, they were thrilled at the chance. With a great focus and determination, we accomplished what I at first thought was an impossibility. I remember after it was done and time to start church I said out loud "I would not trade this for anything!" God is good and I cannot wait to see what 2008 has in store. Good health, healing, prosperity.....and much much more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey I did not know you were on here, I have not been here long... Thanks for looking me up...

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses