Garden of forgiveness

This morning while I was getting ready for work the Lord said "Rhonda, if your going to travel down this same road at least plant some flowers along the way." I've pondered it all morning and have had many thoughts. There are some roads I've traveled that are full of potholes, chugholes, pits, whatever you chose to call them. Frankley I'm spent as much time off the road and in the ditch as I have on the beaten path. So, I began to think about potholes and how they need to be repaired. Once they are repaired then one can safely travel on the road again. There have been some on our city streets where I'm sure I got rice on my wheels and even after they were repaired I found myself slowing down with great caution before I drove over them. Once I hit one and my hub cap went flying like a rocket launched into someone's yard. I didn't go retrieve it...I was stunned by the jarring of my car and my head. I have a teaching cd by T. D. Jakes about potholes. He talks about how they can ruin your car, blow out a tire and knock it out of alignment, but he has never seen anyone build a house and live in a pothole. He has never met me hee-hee. I have certainly camped out in a few of them! Once repaired though, God allows us to travel on them again in his vehicles of grace. Admittedly, not all roads are meant to be traveled on again and from my experience not all roads lead to Rome. I think I will plant some daises where there have been bumps in the road in my relationship with Kevin. My close friends have probebly never heard me speak of anything good about him and have only heard the bad things (potholes) I apologize to you! A few roses here and there to brighten up a curve and add an aromo that is pleasant to the trip. I'll have to place a sign for some that says "Please don't pick the Daisies" As with any road there will still be some bumps, but I think I will watch my driving more carefully. Even cactus have beautiful blooms, but you sure better be careful picking them! Anyhow, just some random "outloud" thinking.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love to hear "thinking out Loud" Flowers are needed :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses