Moving

I have recently come to a profound awareness. I have too much stuff ! It's funny how moving will help you access things like that. I have been in the storage business for 20 years and there are many times when people get behind on their rent and we have to auction their belongings. We have cut locks and I have wondered why people would pay to store some of the things we find. So now here I am in that same boat. I have a 10 x 20 (200 square feet) packed full of things that I never use. Once in a while I raise the door for a quick reminder that I'm a pack rat. Now I've rented a 10 x 15 and it is nearly full and I haven't even put any furniture in it. Mostly boxes of books and the many other things that I collect and there is more to pack. ugh :( I have a new found empathy for my tenants. that should help with rentals, they love sympathy....don't we all? I tried to play analyst on myself. Thats a big word for I've made an excuse. When I was growning up my dad was a nomad. We rarely stayed in a house for a year. He was always wanting to try it in differant town and occasionally we would change states. We were always low on funds so dad would get a little U-Haul trailer and we would load what they thought was important and leave everything else behind including pets many times! Mom would come in and throw a box in the room all three of us kids shared and that was what we could put toys in. No more than that., I hated it! We went without a lot! So having said all that,I surmise that this is the reason why I hang on to everythiug. It is all very important to me and I suffer from the "I might need it" disease. That is why I carried a large purse for so long (really it was a diaper bag) I finally realized that I never in all my life used the little fold up scissors or the handy 5 in one screwdriver set, I never once whipped out the little sewing kit and stitched up a single thing and I'm long past having to touch up the make-up every hour. I am getting rid of some of my furniture. I have enough pans to open my own restaurant and I have kept sheets that fit beds don't even own anymore. Sad but true. I have many home decor things but I always think I'll change the room to a differant motif. NO I WON'T, I HATE CHANGE !!! Oh well, I'm buying a bigger house so maybe i'll use some of it, right? Just kidding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses