Bleeding

SUPERFICIAL......the other day I was cutting tile to put down in a closet floor. I slipped with the blade and cut my finger. At first it didn't bleed and I thought "oh it's superficial." After a few moments it did bleed and it burned. The word superficial just would not go away and it began to resonate in me. So, I pondered it and thought about some things that have been on my mind lately and thought perhaps the Lord is showing me something. We all know how I love words and their definitions.I like things that are "deep". So here it is... superficial: of or relating to a surface; lying on, not penetrating below, or affecting the surface. Concerned only with the obvious or apparent:shallow. external, presenting only an appearance without substance or significance. Lacking in depth or solidity. It suggests a lack of thoroughness or a neglect of details. Wow, that can apply to many things in my life. I'm still not sure where this is going but I found it interesting. Even thouygh it was a superficial cut, the fact remains that it still bled and it still needs to heal. I'll leaave this with a "hummmmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses