Holding My Breath

Three more days until I'm Rhonda Kennedy once again... My sister and I were talking about when we were kids and how we rarely did anything "special", but when a trip to the zoo or the ocean or what ever it was became a plan we we're all too excited. The promise of something so grand would soon become a flogging tool for mother to sling at you everytime you took a breath. It became the thing, the weapon you were threatened with all day every day. If you don't stop ____ were not going. If you don't hush we're not going. If you smile were' not going (literally). We talked about how we got to a point to where we would not act the least bit excited about it for fear she would take it away long before we got "it". That has become a way of life for me, don't act to happy or it may not happen . I remeber as a child holding my breath to keep from grinning and making her mad.. She hated our happiness. Well, not today! I'm grinning from ear to ear. I'm excited about being married again and to Kevin. This is a prayer answered for me and for him. Although I have to admit I like my handwriting the way I sign Cates better than I sign my name Kennedy, but I could still sign it Cates-Kennedy. Probably not, there is too much life in the dash (-) between the two names. That's for another blog..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses