Time Management

What a crazy weekend! Saturday finally arrived and I was thrilled to be off work and able to do what ever I felt like and needed to do. I decided when I woke up that I would schedule to get my hair cut, just a cut, you know simple and quick. I called and my hairdresser is on vacation but since I'm on a mission I decide that it doesn't matter and I'll let someone else cut it. So I said oh, okay well just whoever you have available. God how I wish I could take those words back. So I arrive at the mall at noon, my appointment is at 1:00 so I knew I could do some shopping. I found a new outfit and headed for the salon. The girl took me right away to her styling station and I explained that I just wanted some dead ends trimmed off. Then she proceeds to tell me what bad shape my hair is in and how the highlights are faded and how horrible it is and blah, blah, blah and by the time she's done I'm getting a trim and a colored rinse. I choose a lovely shade of brown. While she is mixing it I'm thinking of how the brown will really make by blue eyes pop. Boy did they ever pop, but not because of the brown, no it was sheer horror. My hair is red (insert picture of me puking here). If your a red head don't be offended I'm sure it looks beautiful on you, but I have freckles and no visible eyebrows. OMG I told her that was not the color I had chosen and she and the stylist next to her tried to convince me how great it looked and I should just go for it. NO WAY JOSE !!! I'm am not leaving this mall with this color on my head so she gets an "expert" to tell her how to fix the goof up. They assure me that this next step will even out the tones to a nice light brown shade. Well, you probably guessed it, they were wrong! They said oh, look that is so much better. What are you blind as well as deaf ? It is the same. By now the tears are welling in my eyes, the girl informs me that at this point they will damage my hair if they do another treatment so I'll have to wear this for a week and they will fix it. As if to try and make me feel better she says don't worry, we won't charge you for a second time, we will fix it for free. UGH. I'll be wearing it in a clip all week to try and reduce the hideousness. (Stephanie you know how I have hair issues...........) By the time I get home it is almost 4:00. I used the green shampoo Kevin uses to try and get rid of some color but it was useless. I called in my prescription refill at Wal-Mart and went to bed early. Surely tomorrow will be better. Sunday : Children's church was great and the lesson went well. I left and picked up lunch to take home and meet Kevin at the house on his break. So far so good. When he went back to work I headed for the Wal-Mart across town where my prescription is. As I approach the Pharmacy I'm amazed that there is not a line of people exploding out of the aisles that surround the pharmacy. I think oh well they must be hanging out of the other end so I turn down an aisle looking for the end of the line. What, could it be true, no one else is in line. My eyes dart back and forth frantickly looking for something I must surely be missing. No, it is true I'm the only person here and I can advance directly to the counter and collect $200. I feel so lucky as I wait on the clerk to notice me. surely she sees me . Finally, eye contact I'm thinking yes, yes, yes Rhonda, God has surely blessed you for the hair mix up and His favor is upon you this glorious day. She acknowledges me and says she will be right with me. While I'm waiting I still cannot believe my good fortune wow, should I buy a lottery ticket? Maybe it is the leapord print undies I wore today, could they me my lucky drawers? Oh, here she comes I'm gonna get out of this place in record time. She asks my name and date of birth and I reply smiling the whole time. My face surely is beaming, then the bomb...I'm sorry maam, we dont show you called that in. I'm certain I left a mark on the counter where my jaw dropped. But she smiled and assured me it would only take about 15 minutes. Okay, what is 15 minutes compared to the 4 hours from yesterday. so I shop and return and to my great surprise I'm again the only person in line. She gave me my meds and I head to the garden area to check out. I pay for my items and the cashier who is in a hurry to go home (I know this because he told me) hands me my bags I spin the bag holder and make sure all my bags are in hand. I'm off and have time enough to catch a quick nap before Kevin gets home from work. I come inside the door, home sweet home and set my bags on the counter. Kevin calls me on his last break and I tell him how quickly I escaped Wal-Mart. Then the atomic bomb. I hollared well the "S" word several times (sorry, but it was there in all of it's infamy) Kevin is saying what's wrong, Rhonda, what is it. The cashier who I'm now refering to as the goober didn't give me the bag with my prescription and make-up products I bought. I wanted to cry. I'm pretty sure I puked in my mouth. I have to go back.NOOOOOOOOO I called and the service desk and she ask which cashier and I told her he is the guy who always acts like he is being bothered by having to check people out. She said I know exactly who that is and she said to bring my reciept and they would fix it. I called back and ask for the garden area. The man that answered the phone looked and found my bag under the cashiers work station. Goober had already gone home and was probably taking my nap by now. I was furious. The drive over was a huge pity party of "how could he" and of the injustice of this whole ordeal. When I arrived there, in record time I might add, the service desk clerk had my bag and they gave me a $25 gift card for my inconvienence. So I guess all in all I did have God's favor on me. Even though I still didn't get a nap.Thank you Lord. Not just for the money, but because he allowed my flesh to be offended so that it would reveal what was in my heart. I repented and the Lord blessed me again with a phone call from my son. That makes up for the misadventures in the on going saga of my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that... I laughted almost cried though reading your blog... not sure why... I could just hear you telling me this story...

Maybe because I miss ya...

YOu have the Favor of the Lord upon you...
Unknown said…
Cyndi, your so awesome. Thanks for always responding to my blogs.

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses