Always His child

My wonderful son is 24 years old. That is so wierd to put into print. It doesn't seem possible because when I look at him I still see the 4 year old little boy that adores his mother and loves hats. And even though he is an adult by physical age, he is still my baby. As he gets older my role as mom has gone through various stages. When he needs something and I can help it thrills me . Frst of all "he still needs me". Although he has always needed me, he learned to depend on himself and others . It seems to hurt his pride when he has to ask and I can hear in his voice that this is his last resort. I love to be able to be there for him. As I was thinking about this I realized that God must feel the same way. I somethimes think that I have been a Christian for so long that when certain things come along I shy away from God because I think I'm "old enough" ( ie: " I should have known better, what is my problem") , I can do this myself. I think He will think less of me or shake His fist in anger and say "Again Rhonda, really ?" I don't think that about my son and when he is hurting, I hurt. I'm not disappointed in him or angry with him. I love him. I know that is not how my Father reacts to me either. I know He is delighted that I have run to Him for help. He still sees me as He created me not as I see myself or others see me. I'm still His little girl and I can still crawl into His lap and say Daddy, I hate to ask but..... Before I can finish my sentence He has already met my need and just wants to delight in me, He invites me to stay awhile so I snuggle in a little closer and rest in His arms. I never want to grow up and I'll always be His baby!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses