The Shack

I've been reading this book called "The Shack" it was recommended by a friend and it is awesome! It is fiction but has many truths. I cannot resist a couple of lines to share now. God is speaking with the main character about a tragedy that happened, he blames himself because he believes God caused this tragedy to bring him to a place of repentance. This is God's response: "Just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." Next, Jesus is speaking to the main guy and He tells him, ""I don't want to be the first thing among your list of values; I want to be the center of everything that happens to you. Rather than a pyramid, I want to be the center of a mobile, where everything in your life--your friends, family, occupation, thoughts, activities--is connected to Me, but moves with the wind, in and out and back and forth, in an incrediuble dance of being." Then the Holy Spirit concludes by saying "I am the wind." Isn't that beautiful!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses