Something Missing

Yesterday my son, his wife and his best friend Jason came for a visit. The boys all pitched in and moved some junk off my parents property for them. It was neat to see them all grown up and doing something so nice for someone else, just because. Today we spent the day eating out and going to a movie and just being together. Chris was sick with sinus drainage, they left around 7 p.m. My house is so loudly quite. I'm feeling lonely. I went on line and read some blogs of other people at another church. They are so much like family, they love one another and hang out together and actually know what's going on in each others lives. They blog and they comment on others blogs. It made me cry because I long for what they have. They are Kingdom living. I have a few freinds who call to see how I'm feeling since the surgery, but somehow there is something missing. I read prayer requests from a list made at church and many times there are people on it who I have no idea who they are. I don't want to be a "seasonal" friend. Friends are there thick and thin all the time, not just when there is a crisis. The other day I really needed someone to pray with me. I was at a place where I couldn't even pray for myself. I spoke with four differant people and three said, 'I'll keep you in my prayers or I'll remember you in prayer. One person said Rhonda , let me pray for you right now and she lives hudreds of miles away. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Am I missing something? are we all too busy? I want people to want to hang around with me, not because they feel obligated or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses