When I Grow Up...

I recently heard a conversation about what you want to be when you grow up. When I was very young all I wanted was to be married and have children. Then I wanted to be a teacher. My sister says I was very bossy. If we played Monopoly I had to be the Banker or I wouldn't play. Looking back I think it wasn't so much of wanting to be in charge as it was that I didn't trust the accuracy of anyone else. In high school I wanted to be an oceanographer and I never wanted to be married or have children. I planned to join the Navy after graduation, but then I fell in love. I did get to be a teacher, I did get married, twice and have one son in the natural and hundreds in the spiritual. I still love the ocean, but the movie "Jaws" ruined me for actually getting into the water. I've watched that movie over fifty times! So, what did you want to be when you grew up and did you fulfill your dreams?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

dog kisses